Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Absence

Ok,ok, I know I've been gone for almost a month. And, I know that is terrible. Unfortunately, loyal readers (or, perhaps, more correctly....reader)my posts will become much more inconsitent. School has begun again for me and while I am in active classes my time to post will be extremely limited. On the bright side, I am very excited about my clinical site and group! I am paired with some fabulous people! I'll update with more when we get further into clinicals and I have more to report.
In other news....



I found an interesting tidbit on MentalFloss about bone marrow transplants stopping compulsion in OCD mice! By transplanting bone marrow of healthy mice into those with compulsions, the mice stopped the compulsive behavior.The proccess worked in reverse, as well. Transplanting of bone marrow from OCD mice into healthy mice caused compulsion. This opens so many doors to understanding what causes, and what may eventually treat OCD in humans. Amazing.

Click here for the article.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So OCD could be caused by some missing component in the blood. Bone marrow contains stem cells to make blood cells. Or maybe there is some slight imbalance in the blood cells that could cause it? All this time, I supposed OCD and similar mental aberrations were caused by an imbalance in neurotransmitters. Interesting...