Friday, September 17, 2010

Letters from Dracula

I know it's little early for Halloween, but it's one of my most favorite of holidays, so I just couldn't wait. Now that Dracula has his own stationery, he has comoplaints to register! Here is one reposted:



Dearest Emmy Judges,
I have weathered what seems like a thousand seasons of mediocre TV and I will weather a thousand more. In all those toilsome years I have glimpsed true art but once. That you should forsake "Two and a Half Men" and leave its cast bereft of award statuette sickens me to my blackened core. Who else but the unassailable Charlie Sheen could portray such a nuanced and whimsical character? And yet he receives no nomination? This betrayal is most egregious, and I shall not hesitate to subject any and all of you to my unnatural thirst. Your children, too, shall come to know my taste for blood.


I have started a Facebook fan page in protest. Already my friend and associate, the Mummy, has "liked" it. That is two powerful enemies you have made in record time.


Be warned!


Yours forever,

P.S. What do you think of my stationery letterhead? After what seems like centuries, I am finally embracing the dark and wondrous frontiers of desktop publishing

See them all here.

No comments: