Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Dumb Criminal of the Week


So I figure it's Wednesday, so I should post another Dumb Criminal of the Week. This one comes from TruTV's "Dumb as a Blog".

People get arrested for drinking and driving all the time, so I guess we can categorize them as collectively “dumb.”

But sometimes it’s what you say to the cops when you're pulled over while stinking drunk that earns you a spot in the Dumb Criminal directory. Today is one of those days.

Daniel Joseph Mahoney, pictured, was arrested on suspicion of DUI on Saturday--the first time he'd been picked up for such a charge--after ramming his car into a pole.

"I've been drinking and driving for 20 years and never got caught before tonight," he allegedly admitted to the Florida Highway Patrol.

Troopers say Mahoney, 40, was sitting on his rear bumper when they arrived on the scene.

"I'll be honest with you," he told them, according to the report. "I've had too much to drink tonight and I hit a pole."

Which begs me to question, "Is honesty always the best policy?"


See the original entry here:http://blog.trutv.com/dumb_as_a_blog/dumb_criminals/

No comments: