Monday, February 1, 2010

I think I need one of these!



I think I totally need this product! Techno Shower Party!

The colorful Changing Shower Head:

The Colorful Changing Shower Head requires no wiring and no batteries. (I know, amazing, right?) The LED lights are powered by the water running through the shower! I had begun planning my disco party, but then I heard that the color of the light depends on the temperature of the water. I guess it’s useful to know whether the water is before you step in.

Even without batteries, it seems there would still be some kind of electricity generated within the shower head, which is a little weird to think about in the shower. There’s also the issue of showering with the bathroom light off to get the full effect, but I would have to think this out before doing it. Too bad I don’t have a lightswitch closer to the shower. The shower head is on a wand-type neck, and the product page says you can screw it directly into your shower pipe.

The article I read about it said there was a color changing shower that is not dependent on water temperature. It was the RIO Spectrum, and it lets you program the color changes ahead of time. The drawback is that it costs about $4,000. In contrast, the Colorful Changing Shower Head is only $17.73 from a company called Budget Gadgets.












No comments: